Welcome to Информационный центр MAZDA MPS 2008 - 2018

Информационный центр MAZDA MPS  2008 - 2018

Автор Тема: North American Mazdaspeed club  (Прочитано 22093 раз)

28 Октября, 2009, 20:53:57
  • Модератор
  • Старейшина
  • Главный оптимист клуба
  • Автомобиль: Mazda 3 M.P.S.
Hi everyone again!

This place will be specially dedicated to our North American friends, which are also in love with MPS series and wish to share their knowledge, ideas, thoughts re it with us.

We welcome you here and feel "yourself like at home" =))
Турбо лаг существует для того, чтобы у V12 был хоть какой-то шанс...
28 Октября, 2009, 21:47:31
Ответ #1
  • Новичок
  • Автомобиль: mazdaspeed6
LOL, i have no clue how i managed to register with this website  ??? .  I don't speak a lick of russian.

I have a mazdaspeed6.  Currently running an ATP 3071r turbo, water and methanol injection, front mount intercooler and a bunch of other stuff (no cool paint job though, lol).

I have a few questions for you guys though:
- What power levels have you guys been able to achieve?  We've seemed to hit a brick wall around 400whp, and are starting to look into secondary fueling as a solution.  We also find the need to upgrade the cam driven fuel pump around 300-350 whp.

- How have the connecting rods been holding up on your vehicles?  We've had a fair amount of motors fail with broken rods.

In the US we typically tune with Cobb's ATR (access tuner race, http://www.cobbtuning.com/) software, or cp-e's piggy back (http://www.cp-e.com/2047.html).  There are a few other tuning software solutions on the way like:
http://www.versatuner.com/
http://www.epifansoft.com/phpBB3/new-mazdaedit-tool-t432.html

But for right now, it's largely ATR.

Curious to learn from you guys, and glad to finally meet some fellow enthusiasts.
28 Октября, 2009, 22:32:42
Ответ #2
  • Патриарх
  • Грубый как Андрюша Губин
  • Автомобиль: S500
Our results r not so gorgeous like yours cause all chances to make a beast car are standing poor in fact of that problems what u wrote.
Продажа и доставка бетона любой марки отличного качества по отличным ценам!
28 Октября, 2009, 22:37:22
Ответ #3
  • Старейшина
  • Автомобиль: m3mps
Hi!I have a Mazdaspeed3.Running ATP GT3071 too,CPE FMIC,3"ATP inlet,Corksport downpipe,40mm Synapse external wastegate,DNP collector(modified),Carillo forged rods,Wiseco forged pistons(8.8),AVC-R boost controller,HPFP CPE etc.
About power levels I can say what in Kiev,Ukraine some tuners have very good results with GT3076HTA with external wastegate.
-It's nessesary to change stock rods to achieve power 370-400hp.
-I think CPE fuel pump is the best choice for us now.
IMHO.
As a rule,in Moscow we tune our cars with software of turbo-garage.com.ua,Ukraine,Kiev.There are exists another one or two softwares in Moscow.
Now my car is in process of ECU's tuning.
Good luck in tuning!
« Последнее редактирование: 29 Октября, 2009, 20:51:29 от chico »
28 Октября, 2009, 23:02:56
Ответ #4
  • Новичок
Hi!I have a Mazdaspeed3.Running ATP GT3071 too,CPE FMIC,Corksport downpipe,Synapse wastegate,DNP collector,Carillo forged rods,CP forged pistons,AVC-R boost controller,HPFP CPE.It's nessesary to change stock rods to achieve 370-400hp. I think CPE fuel pump is the best choice for us now.Most of these tunes Igot from streetunit.com.
As a rule,in Moscow we tune our cars with software from turbo-garage.com.ua,Ukraine,Kiev.
Now my car is in process of tuning of brain.
Good luck in tuning!

Excellent!

As far as rods go, many of our most powerful mazdaspeeds (401whp speed3, and 386awhp speed6) have had stock rods and pistons.  We have seen broken rods on vehicles anywhere from stock to very modified.  I think a large part of the problem has to do with the stock turbo spooling so quick in low rpm's, and weakining the rods over time.  They usually break during a shift.

As far as fueling goes, I recently measured our fuel injectors, so this might interest you guys.  It shows how bad the need for secondary fueling is.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f303/have-you-measured-when-injectors-39696/

It's a long read, but has good information in it.  We're starting to look into the cam timing more closely now as well.

Keep us americans posted on how well your tune goes, and good luck!
28 Октября, 2009, 23:17:00
Ответ #5
  • Старейшина
O'k.Thanks!I think we have seen broken rods because of detonation. (
« Последнее редактирование: 28 Октября, 2009, 23:22:51 от chico »
28 Октября, 2009, 23:18:37
Ответ #6
  • Патриарх
28 Октября, 2009, 23:25:39
Ответ #7
  • Модератор
  • Старейшина
  • Главный оптимист клуба
  • Автомобиль: Mazda 3 M.P.S.
Looks as we are moving in the right direction - knowledge sharing =))))

TO djuosnteisn: WelCome!!! =)))) We will try to incentivize our well respected admin to translate the whole site into enligh as well =)))
Турбо лаг существует для того, чтобы у V12 был хоть какой-то шанс...
28 Октября, 2009, 23:29:57
Ответ #8
  • Новичок
I guess one other question from us, on the topic of blown motors:

Have you guys seen a high number of rod failures?  On stock, slightly modified, and heavily modified cars?  This is kind of a hot topic in america right now. 

We're trying to determine why exactly our motors blow, especially with such light modifications or even stock sometimes.

We think it has to do mostly with:
- stock ecu constantly advancing the spark advance, sometimes into detonation, in order to minimize emissions.
- Variable valve timing contributing to increased dynamic compression.
- Very high torque at low rpm's

The above slowly distort the rods until they are slightly bent, and that leads to the piston seizing in the cylinder, and thus a broken rod and hole in the block.

Just wondering if you guys have been seeing the same failure rates.
---
Looks as we are moving in the right direction - knowledge sharing =))))

TO djuosnteisn: WelCome!!! =)))) We will try to incentivize our well respected admin to translate the whole site into enligh as well =)))
That would be AWESOME!
28 Октября, 2009, 23:41:53
Ответ #9
  • Старейшина
I know one broken rod and a hole in block on stock engine in process of chip tuning.Another one I know-stock engine and GT3071 on high boost.
28 Октября, 2009, 23:46:43
Ответ #10
  • Новичок
...Another one I know-stock engine and GT3071 on high boost.
LOL, hopefully not me!

I'm currently running about 20-21 psi with my 3071.  I still need an exhaust manifold (collector) with external wastegate.  Hopefully soon!
28 Октября, 2009, 23:55:26
Ответ #11
  • Патриарх
Two guys from our forum use Evo9 turbos on their 6mps`s....But they ride not often.
29 Октября, 2009, 00:14:02
Ответ #12
  • Старейшина
External wastegate is strongly recommended for high boost!Especially instead of small ATP wastegate!
« Последнее редактирование: 29 Октября, 2009, 20:55:13 от chico »
29 Октября, 2009, 00:20:04
Ответ #13
  • Новичок
Sick, i'd love to see pics of the evo9 turbo.  Who made the exhaust manifold?

Also, yeah, ATP wastegate is trash.  I get boost creep (uncontrolled boost) up to 23 psi sometimes, it's been getting worse as weather gets colder.  Also got worse when i made my own 3.25 inch intake.

Soon i'll have a darrell cox exhaust manifold with EWG, but it may be a few weeks.
29 Октября, 2009, 17:04:37
Ответ #14
  • Новичок
  • Автомобиль: ms6
Just another US member checking in.  Glad to see all the enthusiasm for these cars..  It'll be interesting to see how we can help each other develop this platform.

Here is an underhood shot of my MS6: